The OCR library by Google is NOT loaded by default in the standard Android package.
It is “on-demand” loaded at run-time, when any application requires OCR libraries.
To verify if the OCR is loaded, and, if is not loaded perform the Android update, please do the following steps:
- Copy the EVA-Selector package files in the sdcard/eva folder,
- Copy and Install EVA packages eva-player-rel.apk and eva-selector-rel.apk
- For developers only it will be useful to install the eva-logger-rel.apk application
- Configure the terminal to have INTERNET access by WiFi, in order to download the last released OCR package.
- Start EVA-Selector application, and select the “Check OCR” profile. A message will appears if OCR is not installed.
- At this moment EVA will check if OCR component is loaded, and forces the installation on the terminal if not,
- Wait some minutes and select the profile again (It will be needed a system restart after download in some devices).
When OCR package is full loaded and operational EVA-Selector will run the profile with no messages.